Frequently Asked Questions
- How many guests can The Restaurant at Beaver Island Lodge accommodate?
The Restaurant at Beaver Island Lodge can accommodate approximately 85 guests in the dining room, 50 on the patio and 25 in the lounge.
- How many rooms are available at the Lodge?
We have 14 guest rooms available; eight suites and six standard rooms.
- What are the rental costs of the guest rooms?
Rental costs vary depending on the size and location of the room. All posted rates (see Room Rates) are based on double occupancy. There is an additional charge for more than two guests in a room.
- How do I find out about room descriptions?
Click HERE for room descriptions.
- Can I request and reserve a specific room?
- What about pets?
Sorry, we do not allow pets. We have a very strict No Pets Policy.
- How far in advance should we reserve the restaurant or guest rooms for our event?
For large events (more than 50 persons) we recommend reserving the restaurant and blocking out rooms at least one year in advance. Smaller parties should make reservations six months in advance.
- Is there a rental fee for the restaurant?
Yes, for evening events. Established rental fees do not do not include the cost of meals, beverage, gratuity, sales tax or other incurred costs.
- What about small groups?
The Restaurant at Beaver Island Lodge has a small private dining room which comfortably seats 16 guests. This dining area is available for small private parties for two hour blocks. The first seating option is 5:30-8:00 p.m. and the late seating is from 8:30-closing. For other seating options, please contact us. Reservations are required.
- Is gratuity included in the cost of the food and beverages?
Gratuity is listed separately on the guest check. A gratuity of 18% is added to the final cost of all special events.
- How do I access other vendors for my event?
One option is to contact the local Beaver Island Chamber of Commerce. Another option is to utilize the Beaver Island, Charlevoix and Petoskey telephone and/or internet directories.
- What if I need help planning my event?
If you are celebrating your special event at The Restaurant at Beaver Island Lodge or the Beaver Island Lodge, we offer complimentary planning services to ensure that your occasion is a success.
- Is there a charge for event planning?
No. This service is complementary for our guests staying at the Beaver Island Lodge and/or celebrating their occasion at The Restaurant at Beaver Island Lodge.
- What options do we have for appetizers, entrées and beverages?
Most guests choose from our menu for their appetizers and entrée selection. Alternative appetizer choices are an option, but should be proposed and requested early in the planning stage.
Beverage selections and costs are based on our standard price list. Special orders for specific liquor, wine (including champagne) and beer is available, but should be requested well in advance. Non-alcoholic beverage options are available.
- Can we bring our own food or beverages for our event?
With the exception of cakes and consumable party favors, we do not allow personal food items to be brought into the restaurant.
- Do you allow special events during the daytime?
Yes! The Restaurant at Beaver Island Lodge is a beautiful location for a day party. Private day parties are limited to the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. There is a 50 guest minimum for day parties. Rental fees for day parties are based on the size and duration of the party.
- Can we have a ceremony out in the yard?
- Can we have food and beverages out in the yard?
Food and non-alcoholic beverages are allowed to be consumed on the lawn area. Our liquor license, however, does not permit for alcoholic beverages to be served or consumed in the yard area and are restricted to the restaurant and enclosed patio areas.